I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength.I stand and watch her until at length she hangs
like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky
come to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side
says: “There, she is gone!”
Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was
when she left my side, and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight
to her destined port. Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says, “There, she is gone!”
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:
“Here she comes!”
And that is dying.
A Canadian gal that firmly believes words can change the world. An avid reader, writer and Autumn/Winter lover. She excels at communications and writes for pleasure and profession.
- RT @stickermule: $500 to 1 person who retweets in agreement that @levarburton should be the next host of @Jeopardy! 2 days ago
- etsy.me/3dXaz2X #leviathanjewelry #supernatural #witchythings 2 days ago
- @stickermule @CharmedChica 5 days ago
- RT @stickermule: $500 to one person who replies and tags a friend. $500 to one randomly tagged friend too. That's $1000 total! 5 days ago
- etsy.me/39LEl9A #aurorachaser #northernlights #madeincanada 1 week ago
No Instagram images were found.